Monday, August 31, 2009

Andreas Kisser - Hubris I & II (2009)



I guess there's no need to present the lead guitarist of Sepultura...Here's is first solo album and a rather good one IMHO....you'll feel a certain sense of familiarity with the melodies at some point...well it's Andreas Kisser playing! 2 CD with a brazilian feel and of course a metal/rock one...actually these 2 CDs (electric and acoustic) are pretty ecclectic (ethnic, "ambiant" metal, stoner, heavy metal, bossa-nova, oriental music, classical..and so forth!)...one thing that struck me are the reviews about this album...overall they are far from welcoming! ^^ I can understand a bit as this album is, just like Kisser and his leads in Sepultura, pretty experimental (lots of whammy bar and sqealing sounds!), which means that you'll need several listenings and an open-mind to get into it... so I leave it up to you to give this one its chance or not... I'm glad I did! \m/

Andreas Kisser - Hubris I & II (2009)
Genre: Rock / HM
Tracklist:
Disc 1
01 Protest!
02 Euphoria/Desperation
03 Eu Humano
04 The Forum
05 Virgulândia
06 God's Laugh
07 R.H.E.T.
08 Em Busca Do Ouro
09 Lava Sky
10 A Million Judas Iscariotes

Disc 2
01 Sad Soil
02 Worlds Apart
03 Breast Feeding
04 Page
05 Domenicana
06 Vivaldi
07 0120
08 Armonia
09 Hubris
10 Mythos

Andreas Kisser

No comments: